I’m going to start releasing my album track by track, one per month, each with an accompanying film, until the full album is released in February 2013, ready for Valentine’s Day. That seems an auspicious time to share the full collection of love songs, lavished as they are with beautiful symphonic strings and true stories of love, romance, yearning and desire.
The first video was filmed in Prague with the City of Prague Symphony Orchestra, and will be launched on 9/9 at 9.09 a.m. PST (1.09 p.m. EST, and 5.09 p.m. UK).
This is a biggie for me, my friends and everyone who has supported this record. I’ve put my heart and soul into it, and you’ve been so patient waiting for it to come out!
But on a scale of 1 to 10, it’s trivial, unimportant, and not that massive compared to these big news items I couldn’t help but notice today:
* Captain Paul Watson has been arrested (again) while stopping illegal shark finning
* The Hobbit: Part 1 comes out December 13th
* Chris Brown and Rihanna are resuming their romance
* the porn industry has temporarily closed down due to a syphilis epidemic
* some idiot politician still thinks women can’t conceive if they’re raped
* Monsanto, PepsiCo and others with vested interests raised $25 million to fight GM labeling
* the average US taxpayer contributes $10,000 every year to the military
* the recent mission to Mars cost the average US taxpayer 83 cents
* 20,000 dolphins, whales and other cetaceans are slaughtered in Japan every year
In my tiny world as an independent artist, sharing these love songs with you is a big deal. Despite having no record label support, and against every current industry trend, I’m about to launch some music and videos with production values so high, that they’re old fashioned, so deeply personal, and created to the best of my abilities, that the whole record is ridiculously antiquated, and quite possibly a huge folly.
But, I’m not comfortable doing things in the modern way. I prefer trivial announcements to big headlines, small personal stories to enormous ones, authenticity to low-fat, easily marketable, sugary and insincere crap that’s easy on the ear and devoid of meaning.
I am here to create beauty. I am here to pursue excellence. And so I create to the very best of my abilities, whatever the zeitgeist demands, however low the bar is set, and whatever the current political climate.
So, if you like my little announcement, if you’re excited to see and hear my stuff, if you like small news, please feel free to ‘Like’, ‘Share’, ‘Tag,’ ‘Tweet,’ and tell your friends about these songs as they are released.
Because compared to the big stories of the day, my announcement is in ‘other news.’